Saturday, January 03, 2009

PHS Newsletter #3













Beth Greenwood, 3023 Chandler Dr. S., Morrisville, PA 19067 (215) 295-1968 evonwood@comcast.net

Carol Fitzgerald, 206 Curtis Court, Wayne, PA 19087 (610) 296-9155 CFitz206@comcast.net



Questionnaire answers:

From our Classmates:


Edward J. Siskin

PO Box 2346 Falls Church, VA 22042


My wife's name is Jean E. Siskin. We met at work and we have two children. Their names are Candice (38) and Cristin (37). They do not live nearby; one is in Florida and the other in NJ. We have one granddaughter and her name is Emma (7). We love her reciprocal unconditional love

I lived at 26 Tulip Lane, Levittown while I attended Pennsbury and that began in September 1954 at PHS.

My favorite classes were Social Studies and English (So obviously I ended up as an engineer) and my favorite teacher was Mrs. Bourg.

I enjoyed Wrestling but I no longer follow the sport.






























I'm embarrassed to admit I don't remember the gym suits.

I remember getting kissed in the Junior Play.

I remember that the school lunches were filling and cheap. I seem to remember a box of hot dogs marked "Grade D but Edible"

During my free time I deliver papers, bowled and read.

My hobbies are collecting and studying colonial documents, mail and history

I work at the National Nuclear Security Administration

About my travels, when you have a million mile card on four airlines, you suspect that travel has lost its allure. When the guards at Moscow's airport recognize you by name, you know it.


Dorothy Rathmell Wilson

2170 Hillcrest Road Quakertown, PA 18951

My husband's name is Edwin B. Wilson and we met in college. Judy Pearl was my roommate and she married my husband's roommate. We have 4 children. Their names and ages: Jonathan Blair Wilson, 39; Thomas Kessinger Rathmell Wilson, 35; Joseph Ross Wilson, 31; Kristen Susanne Wilson, 27. Jon and his wife live in Atlanta, GA; Tom and his wife live in Harleysville, PA, Joe is in dental school in Richmond, VA and Kristen works for the National Institute of Standards and Technology in Gaithersburg, MD.

We have 4 grandchildren. 3 boys and 1 girl. We enjoy playing with the kids and watching them develop into people.

While attending Pennsbury I lived at 2119 Stackhouse Drive Yardley. I started in the district when I was in the 4th grade at Edgewood Elementary. My favorite classes were Chemistry and Math and my favorite teacher was Mrs. Napolitano our field hockey coach.

I liked to play field hockey, gymnastics, softball, wrestling (to watch).

My son's all wrestled and my daughter played field hockey.

I'm have been an Aquatic instructor at the Upper Bucks County YMCA for 23 years. I've also been a private math tutor for 12 years.

I remember that our white bucks shoes, and the laces had to match your outfit so you changed them every night.

I was in drama club, loved the play where I was "Ducky Bell"

I did ride the bus to school and I remember sitting with my friends, not talking all the way home. Then calling them and talking for hours as soon as we got home.

My mother packed my lunch, egg salad sandwiches and they were the best. Mrs. Nap. occasionally snitched my home-made cake.

When I wasn't in school I studied, went to ballet class on Saturday, school dances and canteens.

I did have a summer job while still in HS. Judy Milevich and I worked in Mercer Hospital lab.

I attended Penn State Univ. and I Majored in Chemistry Minor in math. I do private tutoring in secondary school math.

Do you keep in touch with classmates? Linda Watov Knopf. Linda lives in Doylestown.

My hobbies are gardening, biking and swimming.

I would recommend that everyone visit Alaska. We've been to Alaska twice and loved it. I almost didn't come home the last time.

What are your greatest accomplishments? Building a family and raising children, also working with children at the "Y" over the years. I work with the deaf, all sorts of handicapped kids and adults, mentally challenged children and adults. Just now I tutor one of the "lost boys of the Sudan". He was brought to the U.S. by our church. I've taught him math and now I'm working with him on his reading and writing. He calls me "mom".


Carol Lee Fitzgerald

206 Curtis Court Wayne, PA 19087-1237

My husband is Robert and he's a 1957 graduate of Pennsbury H.S. I met both Bill and Bob at Pennsbury. Bob graduated in 1957. I have 3 children. Bill and I had Cheryl and then after Bob and I married we had Bob JR and Tom. Cheryl is now 46, Bob is 43 and Tom is 39. We have 8 grandchildren. We like having the kids over as often as possible. With the grandchildren we go on nature walk, we scooter, we go hiking, play games, etc. We like being outdoors the best but, we can keep busy indoors too.

I lived at 331 Chelsea Road, and 334 Trenton Road, Fairless Hills during my years at Pennsbury. My family moved to Fairless Hills in 1953 and I started at Oxford Valley School. Our teachers were great. My favorite teacher was Mrs. Nap. She really helped me when I needed it the most. I liked softball, basketball, hockey the best but I was willing to jump in and play most sports. The sports I participate in are with my grandchildren and I work with them on improving their skills.

I thought my gym suit was really neat until my Mom told me that I had to start ironing it myself. This was one of the first things I learned to iron and once you've ironed one of these you could iron anything. What a chore. I remember how I used to wash and starch it, hang it out to dry, take it off the clothes-line, bring it indoors and sprinkle it with water, roll it in a towel, let it set for a while and then iron it. It was a real project.

I did ride the bus to the High School and our only driver during HS was Mr. Baker [George]. He was the nicest guy and always had a kind greeting for us.

My Mom packed my lunch when I was in the lower grades and then I bought at the H.S. I remember when we first got pizza on the menu.

During the school year I usually wasn't allowed to go out on weeknights so I talked on the phone and watched some TV. I probably did some homework too. On the weekends we hung out at the Fairless Hills Shopping Center. Our favorite spot was Bob Landy's restaurant where we ate hamburgers and drank cherry cokes. All of the tables had their own jukeboxes, so we would play music and sit around talking. On Friday night's we always went to the Canteens. They were held outdoors during the summer months too. We never missed it.

My hobbies are photography, birding, genealogy, journaling, traveling and remodeling around the house.

Bob and I are both retired.

Once the kids were all in school I went to work. I had many different jobs over the years. I worked in Physical Therapy Office and my last job was as the SR. Secretary for the CEO and CFO of Picker International (a CT and 3-D Medical Imaging Company.) I retired in 1995 to watch our grandchildren. I think that this was a good investment too.

Bob worked for GE for 35 years and took an early retirement in 1997. He's was an electrical engineer for G.E. and worked in the Aero Space Division.

We have been to Austria, Alaska, and Hawaii and many other states in the USA. Our favorite place was Alaska and we would love to go back again.


Lynda Watov Knopf

90 Glen Drive, Doylestown, PA 18901

My husband graduated Trenton high. He is one of those Chambersburg fellows we were supposed to avoid! We have been married 40 years. Our son Kevin is 38 and lives in VA; our daughter Kimberlee is 36 and lives in PA. Our grandchild Chloe is a typical blue eyed redhead with such a perky personality. Her whole creamy white round face wrinkles into a delightful smile and laugh, tears form in our eyes, when she runs over to hug our furry grand dog is 5 lbs Maltese and a sweetheart who Chloe enjoys teasing. We have 1 old husky dog and two old cats living with old us. Our dear furry children.

I lived on Buckingham Way in Morrisville. My favorite classes were art and journalism

My favorite teachers: Miss. Tindell and Mrs. Nap

I liked field hockey, tennis and basketball and it's been 20 yrs since I played.

I remember that our gym suits were starched and abrasive but, I wish I could fit into that size now.

I have special memories of the comradeship in classes and on sports teams.

I remember riding the school bus to Edgewood school during deep snowfalls and Mr. Hoffman's smelly cigars.

Hoagie lunches were great and were they 50 cents?

When not in school I talked on phone nightly. Friday's were canteen and out for pizza. Sat nights was drive-in times…single or double dates etc.

I had practiced Med-Surg. And Nursing Home Nursing. I was a neurosurgeons office nurse and my last job was with a pharmaceutical CO. detailing drugs and selling vaccines as a vacant area rep. My interesting 800 job was as a schmid condom nurse. (This shocked my whole family!)

I'm in touch with Pat Ryan Hackney, Dotty Rathmell Wilson, Dianne Hayden Atkinson, Merrilee M. Arbitel, and Clare Johnson.

I enjoy oil painting and I have given many hanging paintings to family and painted a wall mural. I hope to join local art league as a senior citizen.

My husband and I retired. I have traveled a little. I would recommend princess line Alaska trip and Canadian rocky trip. Those were beautiful memories.


Robert W. Hoffman

73 Tudor Dr. Hamilton Sq, NJ 08690

My wife's name is Catherine. Catherine made the mistake of saying hello to me at a bowling alley. Stalking wasn't so clearly defined in them days so after following her around for a few weeks, she agreed to go out with me. This was good for me as I was really tired of sleeping on the hood of her car.

We have two children. Marc is 34; Mike is 36. The boys do live near us and we have five grandchildren, Where to start? The absolute joy of talking to them, of watching them at play or participating in sports. Being allowed into their life. The absolute trust and affection they have. Oh, the affection.

I lived at 16 Lawndale Rd. Lower Makefield, and I began classes at Pennsbury in 1955. My favorite class was history and my favorite teachers were Mr. Livingston; Mr. Croce; Ms. Balla; Mr. Jacobs. I could go on.

I liked watching football. I don't participate in sports now with any passion although I do participate in physical activities that involve all muscle groups and also some contact individual sports.

The ladies in their gym suits looked generic. Please, that is not a bad thing. Really, everyone looked the same except for the hair. Actually, I was too shy to look so I made the previous up. Really!

I remember the faculty put on "the Student Prince" one year and I was amazed at the talent and personality of the teachers. I loved that and "Arsenic and Old Lace" The faculty did an outstanding job.

All my memories are special-even the not so happy ones because it was about me.

I never actually had a hot lunch. If I had money for lunch, I usually loaded up on lemon meringue pie and went into my special sugar craze. I think the cost was $.40 for a lunch.

During my free time I did what ever I could to avoid home work. Went over to friend's house or just wandered aimlessly around. I got lost in the woods once doing that. I cried real hard but found my way out.

My hobbies are cooking and baking. I still work out. Tia Chi-don't compete anymore. I used to do Civil War re-enacting with a regular army group. The Old Guard, 3rd U.S.

I retired last century 1992. 2 years Trenton Police then went to fire dept. and retired as an Engine Captain. I do various jobs just to keep alert. Now I just do building checks for security purposes for a few friends that own buildings with tenants.

Traveling: Any place in the USA. Love Harpers Ferry and Gettysburg (history kind of guy). Also, Chicago area is tops.


Frank R Liese CRPH

63 Ash Street, Bristol, PA 19007

My wife's name is Marilyn and we met at the Trenton Ski Club. She is not a PHS graduate.

We have two children: Debra 30 years and Donna 29 years. They live in Princeton NJ.

I lived at 15 South Circle; Yardley and first attended Pennsbury in 1947 Kindergarten, Makefield Elementary

In HS my favorite classes were Math and Physics and my favorite teachers were Mr. and Mrs. Krespaugh.

I liked swimming and I still follow and participate in it.

The gym suits were certainly ahead of their times.

In school plays I was once playing the part of Abraham Lincoln and my beard kept falling off. About 8th grade

There are many memories: (1) in elementary school I was terrified of Ben Pinelli who would threaten to beat me up if I didn't give him my lunch money! (2) Also, at the high school, some of the fights in the old barn at the end of the athletic field. (3) The time we threw the late Melvin Ramsey into the girl's locker room. (4) Special instructions given by our fifth grade teacher because we were about to receive our first little black child in the middle of the school year. (5) My favorite years were grades 6 and 7 in the old Edgewood School. It was a four class room building. One student was told he could not drive the farm tractor to school. The next day his horse was tied to a tree outside our class room! There were many interesting times in the old Edgewood School. It would be intersection to see if anyone attending the reunion remembers our sixth grade teacher Mr. Dublin! I think he got fired at the end of the school year! Does anyone remember what happened to him?

Mostly I walked to school but, I rode the bus to Edgewood in grades 6 and 7. I once got thrown off the bus for saving a seat for a friend.

In the cafeteria I thought the hot roast beef sandwiches were great. Cost was $0.25.

When I wasn't in school I hung out with neighborhood friends. I worked on chemistry projects such as building bombs and rockets. I also built a boat in my back yard. I took long walks in the woods with my beloved dog that died on June 19, 1959 the week we graduated from Pennsbury.

I have many hobbies: Skiing, sailing, drawing, photography, receiving back "bottle notes" I have dropped in the ocean currents of the world. I also, took some significant hikes in the high Sierra wilderness.

I'm still working at Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia as an engineer. Deal mostly with decommissioned US Naval vessels sold to Foreign Militaries. Currently I spend major part of the year in Asia.

I have many places I would recommend people visit: (1) Brazil, Rio de Janeiro. (2) Thailand, Pattaya Beach (3) La Madolina, Sardinia and (4) Diego Garcia, Chigoes Archipelago, Indian Ocean. I would highly recommended, if you really want to get away from it all, my favorite place on the face of this earth would be Kalalau Beach, on Kauai, Hawaii but, if you are planning to go, better plan for a two day hike to get there.


William Roberts

178 Simons Drive, Morrisville, Pa. 19067 (Hedgerow Woods, Falls Twp.)

My wife's name is Joanne and we met when she came into Landy's while I was working there. She's from Scranton. We have four children, one boy and three girls. Danny, 42, Denise, 40, Donalyn, 37, and Deborah, 35. Danny lives in Holland, Bucks CO., and Denise in Denver Colorado, Donalyn in Avondale, Chester County, Deborah in Coatesville, Chester County I think.

We have 8 grandchildren. Three boys and five girls. We love watching them grow into teenagers and young adults. We also like to attend all the activities they participate in.

I lived on Trenton Road, Fairless Hills during my years at Pennsbury. I started in 6th grade, 1952 in the houses on Trenton, Rd.

My favorite classes were math and gym and my favorite teacher was Mr. Matuza.

The sports I liked were football and bowling. I still bowl but, the NFL cannot use any 63 year olds.

I did ride the school bus to HS but my memories are still a secret.

During my free time I played sports, went to canteens, worked at Landy's restaurant.

I do keep in contact with Robert (Buzz) Campbell occasionally. Buzz lives in Georgia

My hobbies are golf, bowling, woodworking, and going to our second home in the Pocono's. I'm retired from Rohm and Haas after 33 years, 6 1/2 years ago.


A. Richard Baker III

5376 Thunder Hill Road, Columbia, MD 21045

My wife's name is Monica and we met at the Oasis Bar in Levittown. We have four children. Jennifer 36, Jacque 35, Joy 33 and Rick 31. They do all live close to us. We have 5 grandchildren with two more on the way. Our Grand Children are extensions of our Children. We all ready raised our kids and have a better under-standing of what is important and what's not from our trials and errors. It's is more "FUN" sharing these things with our grandchildren.

During my yrs. at Pennsbury I lived at 1708 Yardley Rd. Yardley. 1955/56

My favorite classes during were PE and lunch and my favorite teacher was Mr. Matuza

I liked football, baseball, golf and ice hockey. Now, I follow football, baseball, I play golf and ice hockey.

I remember the great snow storm in the spring of 58. It was during the weekend of the Parent-teen Frolic' when John Hunt and I got stuck in the snow after taking our dates, Joan Marcotte and Nancy Young home. Then we had to walk in three feet of snow to a neighbor's home and sleep on their living floor.

I rode the bus to school when I didn't miss it! Missing the bus and I had to run 3 blocks to the bus stop at Ovington Road.

In the beginning of 1955 the lunches were 25 cents then, in 1957 they went up to 35 cents and they were pretty good.

During my free time I play all the in-season sports, went to canteen, dances, talked on the phone and work at a PT Job. I keep in touch with are Mario Tama and Charlie Swinburn.

My hobbies are family and friends, traveling and Sports.

I manage a Music Company, Pianos and Musical Instruments.

Every trip I go on is interesting. My favorite is the Maui in Hawaii. My wife and I own a Travel Agency so we have an edge on traveling.


Patricia Kay Shriver Johnson

1414 Stokes Rd. Medford, NJ 08055

My husband's name is Paul N. Johnson. I met Paul at a night-club in Haddonfield, NJ. He was a part of the class of 1958 at Collingswood H.S. in NJ. We have 2 children. Joline Johanna is 34; Scott Alexander is 33. Joline lives in Rogersville TN with her husband and two little girls. Scott is a weight lifter, and a corrections officer in the Marion, Ohio prison where is the S.W.A.T. team instructor. He and his wife and three sons live in Upper Sandusky. Paul and I have 5 grandchildren. Three boys: Kane, 11; Kohl, 10; and Kolin, 8. Two girls: Shannon, 8; and Julia, 4. Being a grandmother I can relive my child-hood and my own children's childhood, through the wonderment of discovery in the eyes of my grand-children.

I keep in touch with Judy Markle Hopkins, Clara Johnson Geist, and Carol Byrne Moran.

While attending Pennsbury I lived at 330 Berkshire Rd. in Fairless Hills down by the creek. I started at Pennsbury when I was in the 5th grade, in September of 1951 at Fallsington Elementary School.

My favorite classes were art, French and English and my favorite teacher was Mr. William C. Hollopeter

The highlight of my SR year was painting the 40 foot long sports night mural for the orange team, as was creating most of the pen and ink drawings for the 1959 Pennsman yearbook.

I remember one morning the bus never came because our driver overslept! A bunch of us waited on the corner of Austin Drive and Elmwood Rd. in Fairless Hills for over an hour before one of the mother's drove us to school -in Yardley!

The spaghetti in school was always dry and came with "health salad" that was always sour. The hard roll was good though. The lunches cost 35 cents and milk was 5 cents.

When I wasn't in school I double dated or usually walked to the shopping center with Judy Markle. Every night after dinner, Judy and I would walk to the Fairless Hills shopping center and see how many cars full of guys would blow their horns at us as they cruised by.
We just smiled and kept walking. I think 5 was our record.

My hobbies are collecting Disney memorabilia and entertainers' autographs. I'm retired from my bakery, "Patty-Cakes," and am now an antique dealer in NJ with the registered name Dutch Girl Antiques. For travel I would recommend: primarily, Nassau, Bermuda, Montreal, Canada, Tijuana, Mexico, Hollywood, CA, or Niagara Falls, but I would especially recommend to all, the utterly awesome Grand Canyon in Arizona or see the giant redwoods in the Redwood Forest in California.


Virginia Ruth Archer O'Brien

13129 Scarlet Oak Dr. Darnestown, MD

My husband's name is Robert L. O'Brien and we met on a blind date in Washington, D.C.

We have three children. Kelly [40], Kathy 36, Kevin 34 died in March of 2003 of Malignant Melanoma. Kelly lives in Columbia, SC, Kathy lives in MD

I lived at 272 Wyandotte Rd. Fairless Hills during the time I attended Pennsbury. I started here at Wm. Penn in 1952.

My favorite classes were Latin, Science and Choir and my favorite teachers were Mrs. Carfagno, Walter Cobb

I thought ours were the trendiest gym suits of any school.

I rode the bus and I do have a lot of memories from those days.

The lunches were Okay. Mystery books are my favorite.

I have kept in touch with Mona Baker Walsh over the years.

I am a pediatric nurse working part-time in an 8 DR practice in Gaithersburg, MD

We have traveled to England, Germany, Italy, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Greece and Turkey. I loved all of my travels. Each trip has special memories.


Nancy Nemeth Clark

7501 McKitrick Road, Dublin, OH 43017

healeygarden@msn.com

I met the love of my life; Ched Clark (PHS class of 1958) at Canteen It was love at first sight. I gave up a promising modeling career so I could become his wife and it was the best decision I ever made! We became the proud parents of two confirmed bachelor sons who live in our vicinity just on the outskirts of Columbus in the country. I lived at 15 Bald Cypress Lane in Levittown and joined the students at Fallsington Elementary School in the 6th grade about a month after the school term had started. Like all the others, it was a gradual progression through the various junior high schools until we reached the elite rank of high school. Learning was very difficult for me and I had to study voraciously in order to keep up with my classmates. How I admired John McGoldrick! Learning was an osmosis process for him and he was like a sponge soaking up every bit of information that passed by his ears and eyes seemingly without effort. I couldn't understand how one person could learn so easily and another with so much difficulty. My favorite classes were biology, public speaking and drama taught by Miss Bell, one of my favorite teachers. I can't remember my Geometry teacher's name but he had a gift for teaching because he was able to get through to me easily! My worst subject was Chemistry. The only thing I could do in that class was memorizes the periodic chart. The rest was a blur. I used to stay after school for extra help and I still couldn't comprehend it. It was like a foreign language to me. I remember the teacher telling me I was flunking but because I tried so hard, instead of an F, he was going to give me a D! Whew! I passed! (Maybe blinking my eyes at him all the time helped.) I wonder how many of you remember Mrs. Barker, the French and Spanish teacher. I had her for Spanish. She was in her 70's and couldn't see past her nose. She assigned seats to everyone and memorized who was assigned to those seats. The boys in the class would switch seats when her back was turned and when she called on someone she thought was seated in the assigned seat, everyone would laugh because she became so frustrated with those boys. Poor Mrs. Barker!

I loved sports especially basketball, softball, field hockey and gymnastics. I wish I could exercise today, but with a muscle disease, I can't, so the pounds creep up. C'est la vie.

Riding Jack's school bus was nice. Occasionally he would drive out of his way when the weather was bad to drop me off at my house and I thought that was cool.

I didn't eat many lunches; instead, I saved my money to buy things I wanted, like 45 rpm records. I used to hang out by the gym during lunch so I could jitterbug to the latest records playing in the hallway. Arnie Pearl-man sure could swing me around that dance floor!

A great deal of my time away from school was spent with my head in the books. I also enjoyed down time with my friends and on Friday nights went to "Garage Parties" held in friend's carports in Levittown. Saturdays were canteens, the absolute best way to have fun. I had a very successful modeling career at that time and won many beauty contests. In retrospect, those wonderful experiences were preparing me for my adult life.

There were two cherished memories I have while in high school. When I was selected to be inducted in the National Honor Society in a ceremony onstage in the auditorium, I looked out in the audience and saw my mother proudly seated with the other parents. Mother never told me she was coming. I cried softly. You see, mother had a severe phobia of going anywhere outside of our home. It must have been so difficult for her to get the courage to drive by herself all the way from Levittown to the high school to see me that day. I was so proud of her!!! The other cherished memory was during our scholarship awards ceremony in the gym toward the end of our senior year. My name was called to receive a scholarship to Penn State. When I walked up to the platform to receive it, I looked at the audience and my mother was there once again. It was a complete surprise to me. Again, what courage it took for her to be there for me! The saddest memory of high school was graduation day. For many of you that was probably the happiest day! For me, I was extremely sad because I realized it would be the last time I would see many of you. We would all go our separate ways.

I went to Penn State for a year then transferred to Women's Medical College at the Univ. PA where I studied cytology, the study of cells. In between, I became an Arthur Murray dance instructor which I loved! I had an innate ability to dance and I quickly became an accomplished ballroom dancer. My dance partner and I participated in dance competitions around the Phila. area and it was utterly exhilarating!

Ched and I moved to Columbus, OH when he transferred to Ohio State Univ. majoring in Architecture and I began my career in cancer research at Ohio State Univ. Hospital. I worked in research, and taught cytology for 9 years then went into clinical diagnostic work evaluating cells for the presence of cancer and/or disease. 30 years later, I retired, quite happily, I may add. Ched is also retired due to disability so we keep each other good company every day. We are car collectors and for you guys out there, you might be interested to know we have the following: '52 MGTD, '54 Austin Healey 100, '58 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite, '59 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite, '60 Austin Healey 3000, '63 Mini Cooper S, '66 Austin Healey 3000, '68 Volvo 1800 ES, '69 Austin Healey Squarebody Sprite, '73 Volkswagen Westphalia Camper, '74 Triumph 6, '77 Dodge Camper, and an '88 Audi Quatro. We belong to a host of car clubs, we show cars, but mostly drive them for their enjoyment. My son and I have competed in road rallies and this old hen has taken first place for years of rallying. My son is the driver, and I, the navigator. Now instead of beauty trophies (which were destroyed by our house fire 16 years ago), I have car rally trophies. Ha! As a result of our car hobbies, both our sons went into the car business. Our youngest son Randy is with Acura and our oldest son Chris has a degree in electrical engineering. He was with the TrueSports Indy Racing Team who won the Indy 500 race in 1986. Bobby Rahal was the driver at that time. TrueSports is now Bobby Rahal and David Letterman racing team in the IRL as I'm sure some of you know. They won it again in 2004 with Buddy Rice as the driver.

I love nature and do a lot of gardening with one acre of flower beds to attend to each year. I also became involved in research and educating the general public regarding near-death experiences. Yes, I had 2. I am the founder and facilitator of the Columbus, OH International Assoc. Near-Death Studies, Inc., a worldwide highly reputable organization for the past 21 years. My chemistry teacher would be happy to learn that I have developed a passion for quantum physics and cosmology even though I never took a physics course in my life. Keeps the mind stimulated! Currently, I am a soon-to-be published author. My book, "Hear His Voice, The True Story of a Modern Day Mystical Encounter with God," is in the editing process with my publisher and once it goes into production I will be notified of a release date. I will be sure to let all of you know those details when I know so you can check it out if you wish.

The best trip we ever took was to Alaska and going on a two week camping excursion deep in the wilderness in 1976, 200 miles from the nearest road. We were air-lifted into a remote area with no hotels, electricity, nor any modern day convenience. It was exhilarating because deep in our souls is the need to be nourished by the peace found in nature. High on a mountaintop, one can touch the face of God.





Gail Meredith Leeper Taylor

8702 Grey Fox Lane Berlin, Maryland 21811-2502


E-mail address: taylor1@beachin.net

My husband's name is Roger B. Taylor and we met at a Christmas Military Ball held at the Stacy Trent in Trenton, NJ. He was from Maryland. We have three children: Lori Denice age 45 lives in Chesapeake Beach, Maryland about 3 hrs away. Steven Blake age 43 lives in Leonardo, New Jersey about 6 hours away. Charles Michael age 40 lives in Delmar, Maryland about ½ hr away. We have 5 grandsons and their unconditional love and the funny things they say and do, it never fails to amaze us.

I lived on the corner Newportville Rd. and Amelia Drive, Leeper Village Fallsington, and I first attended Fallsington Elem. At PHS I loved World History, Biology and Chemistry. Everyone seemed to enjoy Home Economics and Shop. My favorite teacher was Mrs. Feaster Fallsington Elementary, she taught me not to move my mouth when I read silently, now I just talk to myself!

The sports I enjoyed were Volleyball and Gymnastics.

I still enjoy beach volleyball, but that's the extent of it.

After graduation I attended Trenton State Teachers College. I studied Chemistry, Anatomy, and Psychology toward a nursing degree. I am still working for the local hospital, as a physician and anesthesia billing and coding specialist, I love my work and the people I work with.

The saddle shoes and the Pat Boone bucks were popular and of course the Bobbie socks.

I did ride the bus to school. You had to have a permit to drive to high school and they were hard to come by.

I don't remember a lot about the bus ride home, but I do remember that after school activities provided a school bus to take you home.

I loved all the school lunches, especially the hot tuna sandwich on Friday's. I believe they were 25-30 cents depending on desert.

During my free time I watched Bandstand on TV. I spent weekends at Ship Bottom, NJ and I hung around with my neighbor and girlfriend Judy Steij class of '60.

I haven't kept in touch with classmates until recently and only recently because of the class reunion. I was unable to attend because of a previously planned vacation in Arizona.

I have too many hobbies so I have trimmed back some. I was on the Maryland State Trapshooting Team and Runner up for the Women's Maryland State Championship. I still enjoy shooting trap but at a more leisurely pace. Now I mostly enjoy riding my 2000 Harley Heritage Springer. I also enjoy deep sea fishing and go when ever I get a chance. I've caught a 71lb White Marlin and an 81 lb Tuna; they are the most notable so far. I have recently started taking watercolor art lessons, not much progress so far but I'm hopeful, I have done acrylics in the past.

We visited Italy when our daughter was living there. I would recommend Venice and Florence the art history is fantastic, the people are friendly and the food is great. We also got a chance to see Southern Germany when our youngest son was stationed there prior and during the first Iraq war. The castles are wonderful and we were able to see many churches during All Saints Day, many of which are closed to the public the rest of the year. But our most recent and greatest trip was with our motorcycles. We have been to Sturgis, the Badlands, Needles highway, Custer State park and of course the canyons in Utah. The West is the best!!!!

Has being in touch with classmates made you think about things that you haven't thought about for a while? If you continue to have these thoughts write them down and save them to forward on to us. I love the music of our era.


A NEW BABY: One of our classmates Pat Scheffer and has been blessed with a new grand-daughter. His daughter Melanie gave birth to her 2nd daughter on Monday January 17th 2005. The new little angels name is Diana. All in the family are doing great.

So congratulations to Pat and all the members of his family on this new little joy that has become a member of their family.

Beth


Dear Carol,

On January 15, 2005, our son Greg was married in Cancun, Mexico. His new wife, Angela, is Brazilian and they decided to have the wedding mid-way between their families.

John and I incorporated the wedding with a winter vacation. We went down the Thursday before the wedding and stayed until the Monday after. It was a great time for all of us. The only downside was leaving 85 degree sunny weather in Cancun and returning to 15 degree weather in Philly.

Ann (Raggi) Gipson


CLASSMATES

We hope that you enjoyed reading Newsletter #3.

Why not drop us a line and let us know what you've done this winter and spring. If we heard from more of you there are no doubts. Our newsletter would continue.


Thanks, Carol Fitzgerald






Falcon Photo compliments of:

Kevin Loughlin, Adventure Camera

Watermark and template compliments of

Jane Kirkland, Take A Walk Books,

www.takeawalk.com

Layout designs and printing, Carol Fitzgerald


























Carol L. Fitzgerald

206 Curtis Court

Wayne, PA 19087-1237





























































1 comment:

  1. During the 1950's, I loved the hot school lunches at Fallsington Elementary School, which were 25 cents. On the Friday menu, they might be serving fish sticks, mashed potatoes with stewed tomatoes. This came with a container of milk from Greewood Dairies, and there was the option of buying a square of ice cream for an additional 10 cents.

    One of my favorites was Manhattan Meatroll. (I actually found the recipe for this online!). The recipe consisted of a delicious bisquit dough rolled into a spiral shape and filled with ground beef and onions, then topped with brown gravy. Also, they would serve meatloaf and macaroni & cheese.

    ReplyDelete